Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Yet Another Exam...

So my future is partly resting on the third step of my licencing exams, which I will be taking tomorrow morning....

Their are three levels or steps of Medical Licencing Exams. The first is at the end of 2nd year of medical school, the second some time during 4th year, and the 3rd sometime during or after internship. As they say: you study 2 months for the first, 2 weeks for the second and 2 days for the third. I know that is meant to be a reflection on the accumulative nature of the knowledge... but I've realized it's more a reflection on the time and energy available for studying as one progresses through the stages of course work - clinicals - and internship.
In other words, the fact that I have not even studied for the recommended 2 full days is because I have not found (or made) the time!

I take solace in the fact that I've got 9 months of working at the county hospital under my belt. Also, being in Family Practice means I know a little bit about everything - or at least I'm supposed to! And their will be a lot of everything on my test I'm sure. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

How did the exam go? I hope it is smooth sailing for you.

newlymed said...

It's done... I think it went okay. I don't predict any flying colors, but I predict a passing score :)