Saturday, March 1, 2008

An Easy Post

It's been a while since I've posted anything. I've got plenty to say... just haven't made the time to sit down and write!

So here is a forward I got today from a colleague (he stole it from another blog - the reference is noted). Pretty funny! and sad as well.

"Pulling Teeth"

Do you have any medical problems like heart disease, blood pressure problems, diabetes? No.
Anything you take medicine for on a daily basis? No.
Have you ever had any surgery? No.
Your chest x-ray shows that you have a pacemaker. Why do you have that? Because my doctor put it in.
When was that? When I was in the ICU about five years ago.
Why were you in the ICU? My heart stopped during an operation.
What operation was that? My gallbladder out.
How long were you in the ICU? About 3 weeks. It’s all in my records.
Which hospital? Oh, one of those in New York…I don’t really remember.
Do you have any family who might remember which hospital? My son. He’s dead.
Anybody else? I don’t know.
Do you smoke? No.
Did you ever smoke? Yes.
When did you quit? Yesterday.
How much did you smoke? Couple packs a day.
For how long? Oh, I don’t know. More than 50 years.
Why did you decide to quit? I don’t know. I may start again.
Would you like a nicotine patch while you are here? No. I’m not addicted or anything.

http://fatdoctor.org/2008/01/25/pulling-teeth/

No comments: